CueWorld are going to start doing some product reviews. These will be useful tips and hints around what products work, if they work and how to use them.
There is nothing worse in the middle of a match when the shaft is a little sticky or gluggy and if you don't like using a glove then give the shaft a quick go over with both sides of the Q-Wiz.
The dark side of the disc is a light abrasive that helps remove grime, grease, dirt and chalk which all build up on the shaft of the cue.
The light side is the burnishing side, used rapidly it will buff the clean shaft and help seal up the pores of the timber.
This is a great product, cheap too ($8) and reusable.
How To Use
1. Clean the shaft with a slightly damp hand towel, then dry off quickly with a clean hand towel or paper towel.
2. Check the shaft, if it needs a deeper clean then use the dark side of the disc (brown or green normally) and lightly rub the shaft in even strokes, until the grime comes off, be careful around the ferrule as it is a light abrasive.
3. Clean off the dust from the shaft using a clean dry towel.
4. Use the light side of the disc, rub along the shaft vigorously in even strokes until it warms up in your hand (lol) then the shaft should be slick and smooth ready for action. You can buff the shaft even further with a hand towel.
5. You should see marks from the cleaning process, just use warm to hot running water and any detergent or hand soap to clean both sides of the disc. The disc can be re used several times, you should get at least 30-60 days of continual use.
Add a Comment